As the only statewide organization serving and advocating for those affected by Alzheimer’s, the Coalition statewide chapters have delivered in-depth, expert services and education to constituents for over 20 years.
Through the Alzheimer’s Community Assistance Program, funded through the NYS Department of Health, we:
- Promote greater understanding of Alzheimer’s and dementia and the importance of early and accurate diagnosis.
- Provide individualized care planning and recommendations to individuals and families affected by Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Offer support groups, a free 24-hour helpline, caregiver and community education to provide necessary information, guidance and connect them with appropriate resources.
- Partner with houses of worship, senior centers, first responders, pharmacies, cultural organizations, financial planners, lawyers and many others to bring public awareness to the Alzheimer’s epidemic and awareness of the services available through the Alzheimer’s Association and trusted partners.
- Hire talented, committed and often multilingual staff to serve all New Yorkers affected by Alzheimer’s and dementia.
With the continued support of Governor Cuomo, the New York State Legislature and the New York State Department of Health, we will continue to reach thousands of people who need our support and who will benefit from our support and education.